Sooji Masala Balls Recipe | Suji Masala Balls Recipe | Rava Balls Recipe with step by step process – Sooji Masala Balls is an easy and quick snack prepared by steaming the spiced Rava or sooji based balls and healthy veggies. When your hubby needs something different and delicious for dinner or an evening snack, not the usual stuff, you ought to fulfill his wish. After all, as they say, “Way to a man’s heart goes through his stomach”..!
This yummy sooji balls will give a sooji balls new twist to your normal Snacks. Easy to make, this mouth-watering treat, sooji balls / rava balls are sure to be loved by young and old alike. This can be the best evening tea time snack or morning breakfast or tiffin snack. Moreover, you can serve this Sooji Balls as a party appetizer as well.
Ingredients for Sooji Masala Balls Recipe | Suji Balls Recipe :
- Sooji (Semolina/Rava) – 1 cup
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Rai – ½ tsp
- Green Chilli – 2 (Finely Chopped)
- Ginger – ½ tsp grated
- Water – 2 ½ Cup
- Onion – 1 (chopped)
- Capsicum – 1 (cut into julienne strips)
- Carrot – 1 small (cut into julienne strips)
- Cabbage – 1 cup (chopped)
- Black Pepper – ½ tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – As per your taste
How to make Sooji Masala Balls with step by step photo :
- Dry Roast the sooji (semolina/ rava) for about 5 minutes on low flame and keep aside.
- to make rava balls or sooji balls, heat the oil in a wok/kadai. when oil is hot, add mustard seeds into it. let them splutter.
- now add ginger, chopped green chilli and saute them for another minute.
- Pour water into the kadai, add salt and get the water to a rapid boil.
- keep the gas flame on low when start adding roasted rava slowly, stirring continuously.
- now mix continuously with the help of spatula till the sooji (semolina/ rava) absorbs all water.
- cover the kadai with a lid and cook for 2 minutes on low flame or until the rava turns soft and fluffy.
- Switch off the gas.
- transfer the cooked sooji into a large plate and allow to cool slightly.
- After that knead the sooji into a dough without adding any extra water.
- Now grease your hands with some oil.
- Take the suji mixture in your hands and prepare small ball-sized balls. Make sure there are no cracks in balls.
- Now steam the balls in a steamer for around 8 to 10 minutes or until the balls are cooked well.
- Once done, transfer the balls into the plate. Let it cool for 30 minutes.
- heat the oil in a wok/kadai. when oil is hot, add chopped onions and cook till the onions are translucent.
- Now add chopped capsicum, carrot and cabbage and add some salt. saute them.
- stir the ingredients for 2-3 minutes as they get cooked.
- now add red chilli powder, black pepper powder and mix well.
- after that add sooji balls or rava balls in it and mix them properly.
- cook on low flame for 2-3 minutes. keep stirring in between.
- switch off the gas.
- Yummy Sooji Masala Balls / Rava Masala Balls are ready to be served.