creamy tomato soup is one of the most popular soup in all indian restaurant. this easy homemade tomato soup is the perfect healthy and low-fat soup that is easy to make and so creamy, tasty.
once you learn how to make creamy tomato soup at home, you will never order it from the restaurant again.
few more popular soup recipes which you may like are :
- corn soup recipe
- veg soup recipe
- manchow soup recipe
- hot and sour soup recipe
- broccoli soup recipe
- cauliflower soup recipe
ingredients for creamy tomato soup recipe | easy homemade tomato soup recipe :
- tomatoes – 1 kg
- onion – 1
- ginger – 1 inch
- garlic – 3-4
- beetroot – 1
- carrot – 1
- amla – 3-4
- potato -1
- black pepper – ½ tsp
- sugar – 1 tsp
- butter/oil – 1 tbsp
- lemon juice – 1 tsp
- bay leaf – 1
- Ajinomoto – ½ tsp
- water – ½ ltr
- salt – as per taste
direction for creamy tomato soup recipe | easy homemade tomato soup recipe :
- cut the veggies into bite sized pieces.
- heat the butter in a pressure cooker, once the butter melts, add onions, bayleaf, ginger, garlic and carrot. cook for 3-4 minutes.
- now add chopped potato, amla, beetroot and mix it well. cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- add tomatoes and salt and mix well. cook for another 4-5 minutes on low-medium flame.
- after that add water and mix well.
- pressure cook them for 5 whistles.
- after 5 whistles, turn off the flame and let the pressure come down naturally.do not open the lid immediately.
- now open the lid and let it cool down further before grinding.
- take it out in a blending jar and blend it into a paste.
- strain the paste into a bowl.
- turn on the flame and heat a kadai/wok. add strained tomato paste into this kadai.
- now add black pepper, sugar, lemon juice, ajinomoto and mix it well.
- cook for another 6-8 minutes on low-medium flame. keep stirring in between
- now turn off the flame.
- your hot and creamy tomato soup is ready to be served.
- if you want, you can garnish tomato soup with coriander leaves.