About Rice Dal Dosa Batter Recipe
Rice dal batter recipe | dosa batter recipe | idli batter recipe | batter recipe for dosa, idli, appe, uttapam | idli dosa batter recipe with step by step photos and Video Recipe:
You can make many south indian dishes from this idli dosa batter.
dosas, idlis, appams, vada and uttapams are some of the most popular south indian dishes. these dishes can be easily prepared using rice based batter or rava based batter. both versions are equally very tasty.
Here is the simple recipe to make idli dosa batter using rice and urad dal.
Other Popular Recipes
If you are looking for more South Indian Recipes for Lunch or Dinner then I would like to share my other sabji recipe with this post of Sukhi Arbi Sabji or Arbi Methi Sabji Recipe.
It includes recipes like Aloo Masala for Dosa, Restaurant style Paper Dosa, Beetroot Masala Dosa, Button Indli, Sooji Balls, Fried Idli, Rava Idli, Veg Appam, Coin Parotta, Malabar paratha, and Set Dosa, etc. In addition, I request you to check my other related recipes collection likewise,
Recipe Card for Rice Dal Batter
Rice dal batter recipe | Dosa batter recipe | Idli batter recipe | Batter recipe for dosa, idli, appe, uttapam
- Rice – 3 cups
- Urad dal – 1 cup
- Chana dal – ¼ cup
- Fenugreek seeds – 2 tsp
- Salt – as per your taste
- Water – as per required
- Clean rice and urad dal, chana dal and wash them thoroughly.
- Soak them in water for 6-7 hours or overnight, separately.
- Soak the fenugreek seeds as well.
- Drain out excess water from dal and fenugreek seeds and grind them finely, using very little water.
- Transfer the dal paste into a bowl.
- Drain out the water from rice as well and grind them bit coarsely in a mixture jar.
- Mix dal and rice paste really well. prepare a thick and dense batter.
- You would save this consistency by adding 1 tsp salt.
- Cover the prepared batter and keep aside on warm place for 8-10 hours to ferment.
- Once the batter is fermented and turns puffy, the batter is ready for making the idlis/dosa.
- Use these batter for making soft idlis, dosa, uttapams, appams.
- Serve these south indian dishes with steaming hot sambhar or coconut chutney or tomato chutney.
- You can store the prepared batter in refrigerator for 4-5 days and use it for any South indian dishes.
Product used in this Recipe – Buy from here
You can buy the ingredients, utensils, and appliances used in this recipe online from these links.
- Best Mixer Grinder
- Nonstick Dosa Tava
- Appe or Paniyaram Pan with Lid
- Idli Stand
- Mini Idli Stand
- Medu Wada / Vada Maker Steel Machine
- Measuring Cup & Spoon Set
- Kitchen Weight Scale